Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Cake for Class

I have to admit that this cake was almost a disaster in more ways than one. The Cubs cake that I made last week was a little dry, so I added pudding to the mixture to keep it moist. The only problem was that the directions didn't specify if you should cook it longer or not, although I assumed you would. So this time I got a little dent rather than a hump, but the cake is moist! I have been VERY busy the past few days so I had to rush to get my cake made and iced in time for class today- down to the last second. Also, I am still trying to get the consistency of the icing down - apparently it was a little on the thin side today in class. Anywho, somehow I managed to pull off a cake!


We haven't learned how to make leaves yet, but I attempted them and came up short - literally!

No comments: