Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day Cake

Adam decided that I should make a cake for Frank for Father's Day! Originally we wanted to make an Incredible Hulk cake because that is Franks favorite Marvel Comic character and because the movie is out this weekend for Father's Day. Well, No Dice on the Incredible Hulk cake. I couldn't find any good cake pans or templates, and knew I could not free-hand the big green guy! So, we decided to make a San Francisco Giants cake since that is Franks favorite baseball team. If you have noticed, there as been somewhat of a baseball theme in my cake making.
I learned from my mistakes with Adam's Cubs cake, so I made a template this time for the Giants cake. The cake is almost entirely made from scratch. The actually cake itself is from scratch as well as all the icing, except the black icing. It is soooo hard to make black icing so I bought some, but it is harder to decorate with store-bought icing because the consistency is wrong for certain designs and it is hard to properly hold the tube like you would a decorating bag. So my black stars are a little mushy and not as close together as I would've liked, but I tried my best!



Go Giants.....and Cubs!

No comments: