Ryne is mimicking everything. If I say a new word, like "whoa," he'll say it or attempt to say it. We are really going to have to watch what is said or what's on TV! (No Sponge Bob, that's for sure!) He is really into saying "bye bye" now with hand motions! He will even point to the door when people are leaving!
He is a little anal retentive. He is HAS to use a cup holder. Thank goodness his high chair and car seat has two of them. I usually don't let him have his bottle or sippy cup in his high chair but on the occasion that he does have it, if you put it in the middle of the tray, he will pick it up and move it to the cup holder. We debated awhile on which convertible care seat to get him (Britax or Graco), we decided to go with the Graco because it tested well in safety and had cup holders! Ryne actually uses them instead of throwing his sippy cup in the seat or floorboard now! He also has to keep certain toys a certain way. He has a pop up toy that has five little animals pop up if you push the corresponding button/tab/thingie. Ryne seemed to never learn how to make the animals pop up, but now we've realized that he doesn't want them up. He hates for those animals to be up. He will deliberately walk out of his way to push the animals back down if he sees that they are up.
This weekend, Ryne was trying to drink water out of a plastic water bottle. He usually pours way too much into his mouth! Ryne kept reaching for the lid of the bottle. I thought he would put it in his mouth, like he does just about everything else, but he actually reached up and put the lid on top of the bottle and started turning the lid, trying to screw it on! I couldn't believe it! He wanted to suck on the bottle with the lid on so the water wouldn't rush down his throat. Give him some credit - that's genius!
Another trick Ryne has learned is how to remove his diaper! This has been a fun experience! Not that I don't love seeing his cute little fanny running through the house, but we don't need an indoor sprinkler system either! I've started putting jammie bottoms on Ryne at night because I've heard the horror stories of self-inflicted diaper removal! The most common advice given to me to remedy the diaper removing is duct tape - which is pretty much the only product used for everything except what it was made for!
I'm so excited to see how brilliant Ryne will be next month! I'm sure he will be solving advanced math problems or figuring out how to squeeze his abnormally large head into tiny spaces!
No comments:
Post a Comment