Sunday, August 8, 2010

Knies Knacks

A few years ago, Adam decided that my Mary Kay stuff was swallowing our only desk. So one day he brought a desk home for me because a patient of his was getting rid of it.  I completely understand why!  It was a hot mess, but I never look a gift horse in the mouth!
I've been wanting a new desk for awhile, but the ole purse strings are a little tighter these days with the bambino.  Have you priced car seats these days!  Anywho, I decided to just paint the desk to save a little money and give the ole girl a makeover!
Now let me explain the essence of this desk!  It's a particle board dream nightmare with laminate overlay on the top!  It's okay to be jealous!  Anyway, I wasn't sure if you could paint laminate or not so I hunted around on google and found out you could.  It's not easy but it's doable.  So, after some sanding, priming and painting it black, I have a decent looking desk!


The fabulous desk

The side pieces were literally taped on!  
Sanded

Primed
Finished!


Now it matches my hutch!



3 comments:

Maggie :o) said...

Wow it looks great! I didnt expect it to look so different. You can't even tell (by photograph) that its partical board now. Im very impressed, great job!!

Wes and Ashley said...

Looks so good! I'm so impressed with all of your projects.

Marty said...

Found you through power of paint=) Great job on the desk. It gave me an idea!! I have a desk that I don't really are for, but black, with a little distressing...hummmmm, the possibilities!