
Today's Top 2 Tuesday is Top 2 Tips
I LOVE this topic! Of course I chose to do my Top 2 Beauty Tips since I'm in the beauty biz! I do have money saving tips, cleaning tips etc, but I just love beauty-related stuff! It's hard for me to pick just 2! I have a million! So if you ever have a beauty question, feel free to ask!
1. Moisturize! Oh my goodness. This is one of the most overlooked steps of skin care, especially for people with oily skin. Everyone should moisturize every day, twice a day (morning and night). Lack of firmness in skin is caused in part by lack of moisture. Think of a raisin and a grape! I'd rather look like a grape, so I moisturize twice a day!
Even if you have oily skin you should moisturize. An oil free moisturizer adds moisture back to your skin, not oil. Often times, skin is oily because we strip the essentials oils from our skin with harsh cleansers and then we don't moisturize, which causes the skin to overcompensate for the lack of oil by producing more oil!
2. Exfoliate! I do color classes and color consultations all the time. Ladies LOVE color! The most common mistake is not taking care of your skin. Make up on bad skin equals bad make up! By "bad" I mean, not cared for properly. You can cover blemishes, hide dark circles, contour and highlight to minimize or accentuate, but if the texture of your skin is bad/rough, no foundation is going to go on flawlessly. That's the point of foundation - a flawless appearance! So it's important to exfoliate frequently. My favorite product to use is our Microdermabrasion! It gives that "smooth as a baby's booty" feeling to my face! It gives an instant glow by getting rid of the dead, dull skin cells and makes foundation go on SOOOO much better!
**If you have serious skin issues/sensitivities like rosacea, open blemishes, etc., or take certain medications, then check with your dermatologist first because exfoliation can cause irritation.**
To find out more beauty tips and trends you can check out my website
4 comments:
Great tips!! I am a stickler about moisturizing my face, but I really need to start paying attention to my legs too!! Thanks for the beauty tips!
http://theramblingsofahousewife.blogspot.com/
Oh man, I needed to read this. I have oily skin, and moisturizing scares me, especially in the summer! Maybe the stuff I've tried isn't oil free. I definitely don't want wrinkes.
I'm stopping by from Top Two Tuesday
I need to remember to do both of these!!!
My mom is in her 50s and looks amazing...because she has moisturized her entire life!! I definitely agree with your tips!!
Post a Comment