Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mawwiage!

Recently I was going through our wedding file to find a copy of our marriage certificate to send in with my passport renewal for the cruise.  I came across our Marriage Preparation Expectations Inventory from our Marriage Prep class.  It was great to look back at what Adam and I were thinking five years ago!

Adam and I were each given the Expectations Inventory and told to fill it out separately, and then share what we wrote when finished.  We were supposed to respond as honestly and thoughtfully as possible!  So I thought I would share some of the responses!

Describe several instances when your future partner demonstrated real love toward you during the last month.
Adam wrote:  the way she looks at me

[side note:  awwwww!]

Give the ways you and your future husband or wife differ.
Adam:  She's more free spirited.  I am more practical.
Me:  money and hobbies

[side note:  in every way imaginable!]

Give the ways you and your future husband or wife are alike.
Adam:  passionate, stubborn, no money, intelligent
Me:  we are both stubborn.  we love each other

Describe some specific things your future partner has "bugged" you about recently which you could have corrected but didn't:
Me:  taking the movies back on time.

What are some of your future partner's weaknesses?
Adam:  her future partner
Me:  stubbornness, being with me

Some areas where I feel lack of freedom with my future partner are:
Me:  watching Brad Pitt movies

Major source of conflict in our money matters are related to:
Adam:  we ain't got it
Me:  me buying candy and useless items

Describe several things about your future partner's parents that you really like.
Adam:  WOW!  What a couple of loaded questions
Me:  They take care of me, feed me, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, my future partner's parents:
Adam:  are like night and day
Me:  are wonderful people who I respect

For me the ideal child:
Adam:  is obedient, respectful, fun-loving, ambitious and makes me some $
Me:  anything Adam and I create


So obviously, we didn't take ourselves too seriously and thank goodness Father didn't see some of the things we (I mean Adam) wrote!


Wuv twue wuv!

P.S.  My Top 2 Tuesday is below!

No comments: