Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday: 4:8 Your Mate

This week's Thoughtful Thursday is all about your spouse/partner/mate, etc.  As I've mentioned a couple of times before, Adam and I kind of lost track of "us" in dealing with all of Ryne's issues.  So we've been working hard to get back to a place of us-ness!  Last night Adam and I decided to 4:8 each other!  Have I caught your interest yet?!

I recently read the book,  The 4:8 Principle:  The Secret to a Joy-filled Life, by Tommy Newberry.  This book is based off of Philippians 4:8 in which the apostle Paul tells us to think positively and focus on the good stuff in life!  This book has been a great addition to my library of positive and motivating books and CDs!

At the end of the book in the Afterwards section the author lists questions that will help you continue to think positively.  He calls them the 4:8 Questions.  There are different 4:8 questions for the different aspects of one's life.  Adam and I chose to review the 4:8 Marriage questions.  We actually sat down and asked each other the questions and discussed our answers!  It was so refreshing!

So this Thursday, be thoughtful towards your marriage.  I challenge you to check out the 4:8 website, print off the 4:8 Your Mate questions under the "toolbox" tab, and discuss them with your mate.  You may be surprised at the answers you get!

No comments: