Yesterday at 1:45 pm, Ryne turned 1! It was exciting and depressing all at the same time! Time flew by so quickly! It seems like yesterday that he was born...and not a year ago yesterday! I kind of feel like time was stolen from me when he was born early. Don't get me wrong, I was so happy to seem him and so happy to finally get to meet him and hold him and so happy to be able to stop having contractions after three weeks of them, but it feels like he shouldn't be one yet. He should be one next month!
Anywho, back to reality! Adam's parents came by to see Ryne (and maybe us) last night! Honestly, I was a little worried that it might be too much excitement for Ryne that late in the evening, and that he might have trouble going to bed, but he didn't! We even changed up the routine a little bit and had Adam do the bedtime routine with Ryne. I told Adam that he needed to read Ryne's night night books to him. So he read Guess How Much I Love You in the most boring, monotonous voice ever. Ryne conked out in a matter of minutes! I could hear Adam over the monitor and honestly it almost made me pass out, from sheer monotonous boredom! Ha! Ryne slept 11 1/2 hours last night! Hopefully this is becoming the norm for Ryne...and me!!! It's amazing that it took less than a week to get on a good sleep schedule and sleeping through the night!
Ryne has learned a few new tricks! He has really gotten into throwing a ball around! Oh how that makes Daddy happy! Ryne seems to be right-hand dominant, but he can throw pretty well with both hands/arms! He is mimicking everything that I say. I mean EVERYthing! He mimics the intonation of what I say and how I say it! He pretty much eats anything we eat...well anything that I eat. He ate lasagna tonight and loved it!
Ryne had his 12 month well check today! He got two shots, which were no fun. He cried for a minute and then starred at the nurse with his death look, letting her know that she was on his "list!" She even asked if he generally holds grudges! He weighed in at a whopping 19lbs 12 oz, which is in the tenth percentile (on the preemie scale)! His noggin is still holding out at in the upper 60s to low 70s on the preemie scale. There must be a big ole brain in the big ole noggin! He got the go-ahead on whole cow's milk - my purse is thankful for that!
We learned a few interesting things at this well visit. The AAP recommendation is to know keep children in rear-facing car seats until 2! WHAAAT! I actually read this on a memorandum at Ryne's nine month well check, but thought I'd follow up on it. Apparently, it's not a law, but HIGHLY recommended. I talked to Dr. P about it. He said that it is the safest thing, but after a child reaches 18 months or so, it's hard to keep them backwards in the car because they get very fussy! Ryne still has a few pounds to go before he has to move out of his infant car seat, so we'll see how old he is when he finally reaches 22 lbs and go from there! Ryne's really observant, so I have a feeling that making it to 18 months will be difficult with him sitting backwards.
Also, since Ryne has six teeth, I had to find out about dentistry! Again the AAP recommends that you take your 1 year old to the dentist. Dr. P says that there's really not much to be done at 1 year with six teeth unless there is a problem. He recommends waiting until 3 before taking a trip to the dentist. If Ryne has teeth like mine, he may be taking a trip before then. (nota bene: I say this as I am drinking a Pepsi and eating Sour Patch Extreme Soft and Chewy candy!)
I'm excited to see what the next month and next year holds!
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment