Last night was probably the best night overall! We unintentionally strayed from the bedtime routine last night. Adam gets home kind of late on Monday nights so by the time he gets home and we eat, there is not much time left in the evening before little boys should be going to bed. We are currently looking into either buying or building another house since we have definitely grown out of ours in less than three years! So last night we drove by another subdivision to look at a floor plan we like! We got back home around 9 o'clock which is when I like to put the baby down for bed. Ryne actually fell asleep on the car ride home, which I feared could be as disastrous as Saturday night. However, I was able to get Ryne out of the car and into the house with him awake, but still drowsy. I held him a minute while Adam got in the house and closed the garage door (since it makes a lot of noise). Ryne had been taking a small bottle in the car before he fell asleep so I thought he might still be a little hungry so I put him down in the crib, knowing he would cry while I made another bottle. I got the water in the bottle and realized that he wasn't crying anymore. I waited a few minutes and only heard a little whining off and on for less than five minutes before he was out cold! Whoo Hoo! I was so excited not to have to let me crying for over an hour! It's very stressful having to listen to your child cry that long, so I was excited for a break and I'm sure Ryne's lungs were excited for a break too!
Ryne did wake up last night - twice. He woke up at 1:30 and cried a few minutes. I got up to check on him, but didn't go in his room. I listened from outside the door. He had gas! He fell back asleep, so I got back in bed. He woke up again at 2 AM and I could tell over the monitor that it was gas again! Poor little guy, it must really hurt. He fell back asleep within a few minutes! He slept until 7:30 this morning, so ten hours or so! Let me reiterate - Whoo Hoo!
Hopefully last night wasn't just a fluke! The ultimate goal is for Ryne to go down for bedtime and naps without too much crying and then to stay asleep for 8 - 10 hours at bedtime! It seems that we have eliminated the nighttime feeding, which is fabulous! Hopefully we will have a good report to give the doctor on Thursday at the well visit!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hi! We went to high school together but you may not remember me, my maiden name was Nelson and I graduated in '01. I've been stalking your blog and see that you've been having a hard time getting Ryne to sleep at night. My little boy is 7 1/2 months so I'm sure he has a different meal plan but I feed him oatmeal and a bottle before bed and I really think that helps him sleep through the night. He's been sleeping about 12 hours a night for a few months now, knock on wood!! I just wanted to suggest the oatmeal but I hope it begins to get easier for you guys. Good luck!!
Hey Ashley! Thanks for the advice! We used to give Ryne oatmeal in the evening because it's heavier. Now we won't eat anything off a spoon unless it's yogurt so we do Cheerios now. He's sleeping longer each night so I think we are moving in the right direction!
Thanks again!
Post a Comment