Thursday, July 8, 2010

And so, you just ran?

"When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went."  This quote from Forrest Gump most accurately describe Ryne these days...except maybe the sleep part!
Ryne took his first solo steps at 10 months.  He had been taking 3 or 4 steps at a time up until about a month ago and last night he ran for the first time!  Adam is at a continuing ed class this weekend so Ryne and I packed up and headed to Kingston to stay with Granny Boo!  As soon as I put Ryne down in Mom's living room, he took off running!  It was hilarious!  He had his arms out in front of him and his quick leg movements reminded me of how a chicken runs!  Believe me, I know how a chicken runs, especially after Ryne and I chased a few with the stroller at Papa's house in June!  
When Ryne started walking, Adam said he hoped that Ryne would really be walking by his first birthday.  Ryne is having a pool party so Adam wanted to show off Ryne's walking skills.  I told Adam that I was afraid Ryne would be running by his first birthday, and apparently I was right!  Ryne's pool party theme is Dr. Seuss's "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish", but I think the new theme is going to be "No Running!"  Awww...that takes me back to the way Adam and I met!

No comments: