Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Breaking Point...

...well, not quite, but it felt like it!  As I mentioned in the previous post, Ryne cried for an hour and a half last night.  It's so hard to hear and so hard to bare.  He did sleep through the night last night though, so that was a bit of a relief!
Then came naptime today, or what was supposed to be naptime, today.  Ryne and I ran some errands this morning, a little earlier than ususal.  I usually wait to run errands until after his morning nap, but that means it's usually mid afternoon before we leave to go anywhere.  This morning, we were out the door by 9:45!  I wasn't expecting to be gone as long as we were, but I also thought he would fall asleep on the way home from the errands if we were out past his naptime.  Well we out for about an hour and a half, so we got home in time to give Ryne some food and let him get settled down for his nap.  He played around a little and started to wind down so I made a bottle and took him to his room to rock him a minute and he started getting fussy.  I tried to calm him down but he wasn't having it!  So I put him in his crib, thinking he would cry a few minutes and wear himself out and fall asleep.  A few minutes turned into an hour.
That hour seemed like a year! After all the crying last night and the crying during naptime, I thought I was going to break down.  I almost called Adam to tell him that he was going to have to come, so I could step out, chill out and avoid pulling my hair out!  The feelings that arise from Ryne's sleep issues are so complex.  It's heartbreaking and frustrating, and I feel like I'm going to go insane!  I just want to cry, scream and stomp my feet, but you have to keep  your composure around your child.

I really pray that we can get a handle on the sleep issues.  Ryne is always in such a good mood and so happy when he gets enough sleep during the day.  He NEEDS the sleep...and so do I!   I'm much happier when I've had adequate sleep as well!

No comments: