Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sleep Diary - Night 3

Yesterday afternoon, I packed Ryne up and took him to visit with Adam's parents.  I needed a break from a screaming crying baby and it's always good to have some time with the grandparents!  While at the Knies's, Ryne had a short nap - I think an hour long.  When I came to pick him up he was tried and wanted a bottle.    It was after 8 pm so I figured that a bottle and the car ride home would knock Ryne out, which in turn would hopefully make the night easier.
Well...I was wrong.  He did fall asleep, but woke up as soon as I pulled into the garage!  I thought maybe I could get him in the house, out of the car seat and in the bed before he became fully awake.  I was wrong about that too!  I gave him another small bottle and he started getting rowdy about half way through.  I put him in the crib and closed the door.  He cried for an hour and 15 minutes!  Longer than the nights before...combined!   I was so worried that he would still wake up during the night like he had in the previous nights, but I'm happy to report that he actually slept 9 hours without waking up!!! Major improvement!  When he woke up this morning he was crying, which is not good, but not all that bad either.  Generally if a baby wakes up crying it's because they didn't get enough sleep, they are hungry or wet, or something else is wrong.
So far today, Ryne has had two two-hour naps!  He hasn't taken two significant naps in day in a long time!  We had to wake him up after two hours both times.  We don't want him sleeping too much during the day!  He went down for his naps with minimal crying.
Hopefully tonight will be even better.  Hopefully less crying on the front end, but I'm SOOOO grateful for a full night's sleep last night!  He needs it!

No comments: