And then, I realized how absolutely, unbe-weav-ably psycho Danielle was from the Jersey cast and I haven't been able to stop watching since! It's like watching a plan crash or a train wreck - you know something terrible is going to happen but for some reason you just cannot seem to look away! You become completely engulfed in watching tables being thrown (last season), Jersey girls running through a country club with chinchilla furs on to cuss out a psycho with a scraggly weave! Adam said that he felt dumber after watching the show! He asks me every week why I'm STILL watching it!
The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Photos - Teresa vs. Danielle: Blow by Blow | Bravo TV Official Site
The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Photos - Teresa vs. Danielle: Blow by Blow | Bravo TV Official Site
I've done a little thinking about why reality TV, especially drama TV is so popular! I think it makes people (me included) feel more 'normal.' Now, I've never chased a crazy person through a country club parking lot with a chinchilla fur on or flipped a table, but I have tried to argue/rationalized with a fool (or two or three), I have said things I didn't mean that weren't very nice, and I have gossiped (with no intent to hurt anyone's feelings). We all do these things on some level just maybe not with a chinchilla fur on! I think it's interesting to see how "the other half" or really the other 10% live. Even though they live in multi-million dollar homes, they still have the same problems, and the same crazy friends and family like all the rest of us.
However, I would like to point out to Bravo that filming women who live in multi-million dollar homes and spend money like it's going out of style, is not "real!" If you want "real," come film my life with my energetic, sleep-hating child, my crazy friends and family (yes, I'm calling you all crazy - good crazy though!), and my PETA friendly wardrobe in my tiny three bedroom/ two bathroom house! It doesn't get more real than this - The Real Housewives of Knox County!
P.S. Ryne slept through the night last night - back on track!
However, I would like to point out to Bravo that filming women who live in multi-million dollar homes and spend money like it's going out of style, is not "real!" If you want "real," come film my life with my energetic, sleep-hating child, my crazy friends and family (yes, I'm calling you all crazy - good crazy though!), and my PETA friendly wardrobe in my tiny three bedroom/ two bathroom house! It doesn't get more real than this - The Real Housewives of Knox County!
P.S. Ryne slept through the night last night - back on track!
No comments:
Post a Comment